Read on to learn more about Carly:
How did you get involved with WFE and how long have you been a member?
A coworker brought me to summer sizzle in 2018, and I joined as a junior member in January 2019.
What is your favorite thing about WFE?
All the women I have gotten to meet at events!
10 Quick Questions:
1. What was your first job?
I was a hostess at Texas of Texas throughout high school.
2. What do you like most about your current job?
Cliché answer – my coworkers make the job great. Related to my work – I get exposure to many different industries, so I’ve come to gain a lot of knowledge/ fun facts.
3. What is the best career advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t be afraid to speak up!
4. Who is your role model?
My mom – she’s the best in every way.
5. If you weren’t working at Whitley Penn, what would you be doing?
When I was home for winter break one year during college, I got a seasonal job stocking shelves at the Container Store. It was so relaxing to straighten and organize everything. I have always joked that it is my dream job.
6. Do you have any pets?
Yes, an Australian Shepherd – Millie.
7. What are you currently reading?
I just started reading Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. I’ve read all her books except this one.
8. How do you handle stress?
Working out and/or making lists, depending on what is stressing me out.
9. What do you make time for no matter what?
Working out (see answer to question above).
10. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
My age, haha! I will forever be ID’d.